West Palm Beach, Florida Car Accident Lawyer
West Palm Beach, Florida, is home to over 100,000 people, making it the biggest city in Palm Beach County. With the large amount of people driving, there are a lot of car accidents that happen every day, especially during morning and evening. The West Palm Beach office of Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates is located at Okeechobee Boulevard and Interstate 95, near City Place. Our lawyers have over 95 years of shared experience in giving knowledgeable and understanding legal help to people who have been hurt in car accidents in West Palm Beach. If you don’t live in West Palm Beach, we are still glad to help you. Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. help people who have been hurt in a car accident anywhere in Florida, even those who live in another state or country. According to the most recent information from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, 235,461 traffic accidents happened in Florida in 2010. With such high numbers of traffic accidents across the state, it is very important that you have a skilled car accident attorney to help you.
At Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A., our team of experienced lawyers handles many different types of car accidents :
- Head On Collisions
- Rear End Collisions
- Side Impact Collisions
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Chain Reaction Accidents (also called “Pile Up” Accidents)
- Rollover Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Distracted Driver Accidents
- Drunk Driver Accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Underinsured Driver Accidents
If you are in a car accident , Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. asks you to remember the following tips:
- Move Your Car to an Unoccupied Lane ⎯ If you are able after the accident, and there is room on the side of the road, move your car out of the way. This will stop other cars still driving on the road from possibly hitting you, as well as lower the chance of you being hurt again.
- Call 911 ⎯ Even if you don’t think you have been hurt or that your car isn’t damaged, you still should call 911. The operators will let the police know about the accident so they can come to the scene. A report written by the police is usually needed to get a positive result from an injury claim.
- Get Pictures of the Accident ⎯ If you are able after the accident, snap pictures of your car’s damage, the other car’s damage, and any other items at the scene (for example, road signs, railings, utility poles, mailboxes, trees, etc.). If you don’t have an actual camera, try using the one on your cell phone.
- Get Information from People Who Saw the Accident ⎯ If people nearby saw the accident when it happened or right after it happened, try to get information from the witnesses about what they saw happening and/or what they heard. Also, have them give you their name and information so your lawyer can call them later as a possible witness.
- Contact Your Car Insurance Company ⎯ Despite the damage from the accident, contact your car insurance company to tell them about the accident because you need to open a claim. They will then give you further instructions on what to do next for your car accident claim.
- Go to the Hospital/Doctor as Soon as You are Able ⎯ If you don’t go straight from the accident to a hospital, see a doctor as soon as you can after the accident. Certain injuries have latent symptoms, which means that you don’t begin to feel any pain or other side effects until long after the accident has happened. With a lot of injury claims, a doctor’s report is necessary to get a successful result in your case, so go to the doctor even if you don’t feel like you have been hurt.
- Call a Qualified West Palm Beach, Florida Car Accident Lawyer ⎯ Some accidents aren’t big enough for a lawyer to be involved, but it is good for you to talk with a lawyer as soon as you can after a car accident. A knowledgeable car accident lawyer can tell if you have a case and go over your options with you. Please call us if you have recently been involved in a car accident and have any questions. At Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A., we have free consultations and are happy to talk with you about your case.
If you or a family member have been in an accident in the West Palm Beach, Florida area, here are some local law enforcement websites that can help you:
If you have a question about a car accident in which you have recently been involved, please contact Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. in West Palm Beach, Florida at 954-772-2644 today. If you believe you have a case, you can also fill out our online CONTACT US form. All of our cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis which means that we don’t charge you for our services unless we get money from the other driver or an insurance company. We look forward to your call and to helping you.
Please visit our Florida Car Accident Lawyers Blog for more information on car accident injuries.