West Palm Beach, Florida Truck Accident Lawyer
Many people don’t realize that a personal injury claim from a large truck accident is very different from a personal injury claim from a car accident. Because of these differences, it is very important to have a lawyer helping you who is experienced with large truck accident cases. Our lawyers at Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. have over 70 years of combined experience helping people in West Palm Beach, Florida who have been hurt in large truck accidents. Our West Palm Beach, Florida office is located at Okeechobee Boulevard and Interstate 95, near City Place. Even if you are not a resident of West Palm Beach, don’t worry. Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. help people in any state or country who have been injured by large trucks in the State of Florida.
In case you were wondering, here are some of the reasons why large truck accident cases are so different from car accident cases:
- There is a huge difference in the size and weight of a large truck hitting a car than when two cars of comparable size and weight crash. Legally, commercial trucks are allowed to weigh up to 80,000 pounds. These important differences in size and weight can produce more serious and long-lasting injuries than when the accident only involves two cars.
- Unlike personal cars, commercial trucks have a lot of State and Federal rules, including size and weight requirements and the types of products and other materials being transported. If the truck wasn’t following these rules when the accident happened, then that can play an important role in the successful result of your injury claim.
- Large truck accidents often involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, the owner of the truck, a leasing company, and the various insurance companies concerned.
- Very specific kinds of information must be collected in order to get a successful result from a large truck accident claim, including:
- the maintenance history of the truck
- the amount of sleep the driver had before operating the truck
- whether the truck driver was speeding
- whether the truck driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- the size of the load being transported by the truck
- the dates and times on fuel receipts
- the truck driver’s logbook
- certain electronic data recorded by the truck’s onboard computer system
Our lawyers at Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. are very experienced with the specific issues relating to large truck accidents, and we look forward to helping you. If you are in a large truck accident, always call 911 first to receive immediate medical attention and to let the police know about the accident. Getting a police report is often an important first step in resolving a personal injury claim due to a large truck accident.
If you have a question about a large truck accident in which you have recently been involved, please call Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. in West Palm Beach, Florida at (561) 835-0655 today. We make it our goal to answer your questions quickly. If you think you have a case, you can fill out our online CONTACT US form and email it to our office. We accept all of our cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we never charge you any fees or costs unless we get monies from the defendants or their insurance companies. Also, our consultations are always free. We look forward to your call and to helping you.
For more large truck accident injury information, please visit our Florida Car Accident Lawyers Blog.