West Palm Beach, Florida Uninsured Motorist Lawyer
Did you known that it is illegal in Florida to drive a car without carrying proof of current car insurance? Depending on the facts of the case, a person who doesn’t have proof of current car insurance on them can have both their driver’s license and their vehicle registration suspended, and can even get a criminal, first degree misdemeanor charge. To avoid getting a ticket for not having your insurance card on you, keep your duplicate card in your wallet. The police will want to see your own car insurance card even if you get pulled over driving someone else’s car. A person who drives a car without having current car insurance coverage is called an uninsured motorist. If you have been hurt in a car accident caused by an uninsured motorist, Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. are here to help you. Our combined experience helping people hurt by uninsured motorists spans over 95 years. We help people who live in any state or country that have been hurt in Florida, so you don’t have to live in the West Palm Beach area for us to help you. Our West Palm Beach, Florida office is located at Okeechobee Boulevard and Interstate 95, near City Place. We also have free telephone consultations to talk with you about your situation.
Uninsured motorist protection is needed on your car insurance policy for many reasons. Here are some examples about uninsured motorist coverage that can help you to better understand why you would want it:
- You are hurt in a car accident with an uninsured motorist while visiting friends in another state. Even though you weren’t driving your car, you can get money for your injuries from your uninsured motorist benefits.
- You are a passenger in another person’s car and are hurt in a car accident with an uninsured motorist. Your uninsured motorist coverage will cover your medical bills.
- While walking, you are hit by a hit and run driver. You can get money for your injuries through your car insurance with uninsured motorist coverage.
- You are walking and a car driving by hits an object on the street causing the object to hit you. You can get uninsured motorist benefits for your injury.
- You have a child under the age of 18 who is hurt by an uninsured motorist. You can collect money for your child through your insurance.
After reading the common accident examples listed above, it is clear that having uninsured motorist protection as part of your own car insurance policy is really important. Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. highly recommend that you contact your car insurance company to talk about adding uninsured motorist protection to your policy. If you drive and don’t have car insurance at all, please get it immediately to avoid possible civil or criminal penalties.
If you have a question about a recent car accident, please call us in West Palm Beach, Florida at 954-772-2644 today. The goal of Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. is to fully understand your case and provide answers quickly. If you think we can help you, fill out our online CONTACT US form or call us, as we have free consultations. All of our cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis which means that we don’t charge you anything unless we get money from the other driver or an insurance company. We look forward to your call and to helping you.
Check out our Florida Car Accident Lawyers Blog for more information about uninsured motorist accidents.