Fort Lauderdale, Florida Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our Fort Lauderdale, Florida lawyers at Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. represent clients all across the State of Florida who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. We have over 70 years of combined experience in this area of law, as well as car accidents, large truck accidents, bus accidents, and even bicycle accidents. Our main office is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on the Intracoastal Waterway, just minutes from the beach. We also have branch offices from West Palm Beach to Miami. No matter where you live in the State of Florida, we welcome your call and look forward to representing you.
If you regularly drive or ride as a passenger on a motorcycle, following are some helpful safety tips recommended by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- The potential for being involved in a motorcycle accident is significantly reduced by the use of headlights, even during daylight, and by wearing high visibility yellow, orange or bright red jackets.
- Wearing heavy boots, a jacket, gloves, and other thick clothing has been found to reduce or even prevent cuts and scrapes in a motorcycle accident.
- The severity of a motorcycle accident injury is increased by speed, the size of the motorcycle, and the driver's consumption of alcohol or drugs.
- Failure to use eye protection can lead to wind contributing to impaired vision, thus increasing the chances of a motorcycle accident.
- The use of an approved safety helmet is the most critical factor in reducing both head and neck injury in a motorcycle accident.
- The use of a full facial coverage safety helmet significantly reduces face injury in a motorcycle accident.
- Having an appropriate policy or policies of insurance is highly recommended to provide for medical care and replacement of property in a motorcycle accident.
Additionally, following are some interesting facts that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued concerning motorcycle accidents:
- Approximately 75% of motorcycle accidents involve collision with another vehicle, most often a passenger automobile.
- Approximately 25% of motorcycle accidents involve only the motorcycle colliding with the roadway or some other fixed object, such as a railing, a wall, or a utility pole.
- In accidents involving both the motorcycle and another vehicle, 67% of such accidents are caused by the other vehicle violating the motorcycle's right-of-way.
- In accidents involving both the motorcycle and another vehicle, almost 50% of such accidents are caused by the sight limitation of either or both drivers due to glare or obstruction by other vehicles.
- In accidents where only the motorcycle is involved, driver error is the contributing factor to the accident, with the typical error being a slideout and fall resulting from over-braking or running wide on a curve due to excess speed or under-cornering.
- The predominant cause of motorcycle accidents is the failure of other drivers to notice motorcycles in traffic. Most often, the other driver either failed to see the motorcycle before the collision or failed to the see the motorcycle until it was too late to avoid the collision.
- Intersections are the most likely place for a motorcycle accident to occur.
- The majority of riders involved in motorcycle crashes are males between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Alcohol consumption has been found to be a contributing factor in almost 50% of all motorcycle accidents that resulted in a fatality.
- Roadway defects, such as pavement ridges or potholes, are the contributing factor in only 2% of motorcycle accidents. Likewise, weather is a contributing factor in only 2% of motorcycle accidents.
Unfortunately, not all motorcycle accidents are caused by the other driver; sometimes they are partially caused by the motorcyclist. If you are a motorcyclist who has been the partial cause of an accident, do not worry. Our skilled lawyers at Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. are experienced in representing motorcycle drivers whether they have been injured in an accident caused by another driver or whether they were the ones who caused the accident. Our vast knowledge in this area of the law makes us capable to competently represent you, regardless of who is at fault in a motorcycle accident.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area, please call Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. at (954) 772-2644 today. We make it our goal to answer your questions promptly. Do you think you have a case? If so, please complete our CONTACT US form and email it to our office. Please remember that we accept all of our cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we never charge you any fees or costs unless we recover monies from the defendants or their insurance companies. Additionally, our consultations are always free. We await your call and look forward to representing you.
For more large truck accident injury information, please visit our Florida Car Accident Lawyers Blog.