Miami, Florida Car Accident Lawyer
According to The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there was 235,461 traffic accidents in Florida in 2010. Out of that number, 43,260 of the accidents tool place in Miami-Dade County, Florida’s biggest county. Many car accidents happen every day in Miami, the largest city in Miami-Dade County. If you live in or around Miami, it is especially important that you know a experienced car accident lawyer to call if you are ever hurt in a car accident. Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. have over 95 years of combined experience helping people hurt in car accidents. You don’t have to live in Miami for us to help you. Our experienced team of lawyers help people who live in any state or country that have been injured in a car accident in the State of Florida.
Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. have a large car accident injury practice that includes many kinds of car accidents, including:
- Head On Collisions
- Rear End Collisions
- Side Impact Collisions
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Chain Reaction Accidents (also called “Pile Up” Accidents)
- Rollover Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Distracted Driver Accidents
- Drunk Driver Accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Underinsured Driver Accidents
- Pedestrians Struck by Cars
- Pedestrians Struck by Objects Thrown by Cars
Of course, no one wants to be in a car accident, but if it does happen to you, Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. ask you to remember the following:
- Move Your Car Out of the Lanes of Traffic - If you are physically able at the time of the accident, and there is enough space on the side of the road, move your car out of the lanes of traffic. This can stop your car from being hit again by other cars still driving on the road, as well as lower the chance of you being hurt again.
- Call 911 - Even if you don’t think you have been hurt and/or your car has not been damaged, call 911 anyway. The operators at 911 can let the police know about the accident so they can come to the scene. A police report is the first step to a positive result of an injury claim caused from a car accident.
- Take Pictures of the Accident Scene - If you are physically able at the time of the accident, take pictures of the damage to your car, the damage to the other driver’s car, and the damage to any other property at the scene (for example, road signs, railings, utility poles, mailboxes, trees, etc.). If you don’t have an actual camera, try using the one on your cell phone.
- Get Information from Eye Witnesses - If people nearby saw the accident as it happened and/or directly after it happened, try to get information from them about what they saw and heard. Also, get their name and contact information so that your lawyer can call them in the future as a possible witness for your case.
- Call Your Car Insurance Company - Regardless of the damage from the accident, always call your car insurance company to report the accident to them and to open a claim. Your insurance company will give you extra instructions on what you need to do to complete the claims process.
- Get a Medical Evaluation from a Doctor as Soon as Possible - If an ambulance doesn’t take you directly from the accident scene to a hospital, see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Even if you don’t feel like you have been hurt, certain injuries have latent symptoms. This means that you don’t begin to feel any pain or other side effects from the accident until days, weeks or months later. With most injury claims, a doctor’s report is necessary to get a positive result in your case.
- Call an Experienced Miami, Florida Car Accident Lawyer - Some accidents aren’t big enough for a lawyer to be involved, but it is always good for you to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after a car accident. An experienced car accident lawyer will be able to tell if you have a case and go over your legal rights and options with you. At Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A., our consultations are always free, so it is important for you to give us a call if you have any questions about a recent car accident.
If you or a member of your family have been in a car accident in the Miami, Florida area, here are some local law enforcement websites that can help you:
- Miami Police Department
- Miami-Dade County Sheriff's Office (the Sheriff is also the Director of the Police Department)
- Florida Highway Patrol
If you have been hurt in a car accident, please call Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. today. Our Miami, Florida telephone number is 954-772-2644. We try to answer your questions as quickly as possible and to talk to you about your legal rights and options. Besides calling us, you can also fill out and submit our online CONTACT US form, and we will follow up with you. We accept all of our cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we never charge you any fees or costs unless we get monies from the defendants or their insurance companies. Also, our consultations are always free. We look forward to your call and to helping you.
For more car accident injury information, please visit our Florida Car Accident Lawyers Blog.