Miami, Florida Truck Accident Lawyer
Have you been hurt in an accident with a semi-truck, flatbed truck or trailer, cargo truck or other large truck? Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. have over 95 years of combined experience helping people in Miami, Florida who have been hurt in a car accident with a large truck. Usually when a large truck is in a car accident, the other auto involved is a car. For the driver of the car, there are typically more serious physical and legal problems than when the accident involves only cars. Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. are very knowledgeable about the important differences between large truck accidents and car accidents, and they are able to help you if you have been hurt in the Miami area in a car accident involving a large truck. Don’t worry if you don’t live in Miami. We help people who live in other states and countries who have been injured anywhere in the State of Florida.
Here are some of the differences between large truck accident injury cases and car accident injury cases that an experienced Miami truck accident lawyer can help you with:
- There is a major difference in the size and weight of a large truck hitting a car than when two cars of similar size and weight crash. Legally, commercial trucks are permitted to weigh up to 80,000 pounds. These important differences in size and weight can end up with the car driver having more serious and long-lasting injuries than when the accident only involves two cars.
- Unlike personal cars, commercial trucks have a lot of State and Federal rules, including size and weight requirements and the different types of products and other materials being carried. If the truck wasn’t following these rules when the accident happened then that can play an important role in the successful result of your injury case.
- Large truck accidents often include multiple people, including the truck driver, the owner of the truck, a leasing company, and the different insurance companies involved.
- Very specific kinds of information must be collected in order to get a successful result of a large truck accident claim, including:
- the maintenance history of the truck
- the amount of sleep the driver had before operating the truck
- whether the truck driver was speeding
- whether the truck driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- the size of the load being transported by the truck
- the dates and times on fuel receipts
- the truck driver’s logbook
- certain electronic data recorded by the truck’s onboard computer system
If you or a family member have been in an accident with a semi-truck, flatbed truck or trailer, cargo truck or other large truck in the Miami, Florida area, here are some local law enforcement websites that can help you:
- Miami Police Department
- Miami-Dade County Sheriff's Office (the Sheriff is also the Director of the Police Department)
- Florida Highway Patrol
If you are in a large truck accident, always call 911 first to get immediate medical attention and to tell the police about the accident. Having a police report to publically show the accident is important for your personal injury case. Once the police have done their job, please call Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. for a free telephone consultation to talk about your injury.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident with a large truck, please call Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. today. Our Miami, Florida telephone number is 954-772-2644. We do our very best to answer your questions quickly and to talk with you about your legal rights and options. Beside calling us, you can also fill out and submit our online CONTACT US form, and we will follow up with you. We accept all of our cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we never charge you any fees or costs unless we get monies from the defendants or their insurance companies. Also, our consultations are always free. We look forward to your call and to helping you.
For more large truck accident injury information, please visit our Florida Car Accident Lawyers Blog.