Miami, Florida Uninsured Motorist Lawyer
It is against the law in Florida for people to drive without carrying proof of current car insurance. If you have car insurance and get stopped by the police without your insurance card, you will get a ticket. To avoid paying a fine, you will have to go to court and show a copy of your current car insurance. This can take up a lot of your time and be prevented by just having your insurance card on you! To avoid getting a ticket, either make a photo copy of you insurance card or use your duplicate card and keep it in your wallet. It is important to have your insurance card on you and not in your car in case you get pulled over while driving someone else’s car.
A person who drives without any current car insurance coverage is called an uninsured motorist. If you have been hurt in a car accident caused by an uninsured motorist, Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. are here to help you. Our 70 years combined experience has given us the necessary skills to successfully help people hurt in a car accident caused by an uninsured motorist. We can even help you if you don’t live in the Miami, FL area. Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. can help people who live in any state or country that have been hurt in the State of Florida. We also have free telephone consultations and email frequently to discuss your situation with you.
You are able to add uninsured motorist coverage to your current car insurance policy if you don’t already have it. Below are some examples of how uninsured motorist coverage can help you:
- You are traveling in another state without your car and you get hurt in a car accident with an uninsured motorist. If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your car insurance policy, your medical bills will be covered.
- You are riding in someone else’s car and they are hit by an uninsured motorist. Your car insurance (with uninsured motorist coverage) will pay for your injuries.
- You are crossing the street and get hurt by a hit and run driver. Your uninsured motorist coverage will take care of your claim.
- You are walking along the sidewalk and a car hits something in the road and then that object hits you and hurts you. Your injuries will be paid for by your uninsured motorist coverage.
- Your child (under the age of 18) is away visiting family and gets hurt by a hit and run driver. You will be able to get benefits for your child through your uninsured motorist coverage.
After reading a few of examples above, you can see how easy it would be to be involved in one of those accidents. Having uninsured motorist coverage as part of your own car insurance policy is important to protect you and your family. If you or a family member have been hurt in an accident by an uninsured motorist, your uninsured motorist coverage can pay for your injuries. Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates, P.A. suggest that you call your car insurance company as soon as possible to find out if you have uninsured motorist coverage. If you don’t have it, we highly recommend that you add it to your insurance. If you drive and are not currently carrying car insurance at all, please get car insurance immediately to avoid any civil or criminal issues.
If you have a question about a recent car accident involving an uninsured motorist, please call our Miami, Florida office at (305) 624-2255 today. Attorneys Jo Ann Hoffman and Associates have handled many cases where people were hurt in car accidents with uninsured motorists and are here to help you. Our goal is to fully understand your situation and answer your questions quickly. If you think we may be able to help you, you can fill out our online CONTACT US form and email it to us. You can also make an appointment for a free consultation. All of our cases are taken on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t pay anything unless we get you money from the person who hit you or an insurance company. We look forward to your call and to helping you.
Please look at our Florida Car Accident Lawyers Blog to learn more about uninsured motorist accidents.